The City of Jasper is pursuing expansion of its Water Pollution Control Plant (WPCP). The City hereby gives notice that a public meeting will be held to discuss the sewerage system improvements on July 13, 2017 at 10:00 A.M. at the City Hall, 200 Burnt Mountain Road, Jasper, Georgia.
The purposes of the public meeting are to:
1) Inform the public of the need for improvements to the City’s sewerage system;
2) To comply with section 391-3-6-02 of Georgia’s Water Quality Control Rules (and amendments there to)
3) To encourage public involvement in the development of a plan to improve the sewerage system.
During the public meeting the City will attempt to identify public preferences for alternative methods of improving the City’s wastewater facilities. These alternatives will be evaluated and included in the City’s Environmental Information Document, the major planning document covering the wastewater system.
The report is available for public inspection through the date of the public meeting at the City of Jasper offices located at 200 Burnt Mountain Road, Jasper, Georgia 30143 or at the office of G. Ben Turnipseed Engineers, 2255 Cumberland Parkway, Bldg. 400, Atlanta, Georgia, 30339. The City will receive written comments through August 14, 2017.
Your participation is encouraged and considered essential to the selection and development of the final plan to be adopted prior to its approval by the State of Georgia, Department of Natural Resources.
For additional information contact the City of Jasper at 706-692-9100.
2008 SPLOST - 2016 REPORT
2014 SPLOST - 2016 REPORT
PROJECT NO. 2017-002
WOOD BRIDGE PROJECT
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Separate sealed Bids for the construction of PROJECT NO. 2017-002 WOOD BRIDGE PROJECT will be received by the City of Jasper, 200 Burnt Mountain Road, Jasper GA 30143, until 1:00 pm local time on the 20th day of July 2017 at said place publicly opened and read aloud.
The work to be done consists of timber cap at Abutment 1 needs to be replaced, Beam 9 in span 3 has impact damage, Beam 8 in span 4 has full depth split, Pile 6 at Bent 5 to be replaced, Undermined footing of Pile 2 at Bent 3 due to erosion and Replace rotting timber curb where necessary.
The winning bidder will be required to do the following:
1. Provide a performance bond equal to the amount of the bid.
2. Provide the City a copy of certificate of insurance with the City as additional insured.
3. After the award of the contract and before the start of work, you will be required to attend a pre-construction conference with representatives of the City. The conference will serve to acquaint the participants with the general plan for the repairs of the bridge and to discuss any special conditions that the City may have that may alter the original bid price.
No bids will be received or accepted after the above specified time for the opening of Bids. Bids submitted after the designated hour will be deemed invalid and returned unopened to the Bidder. The City of Jasper has the right to refuse any and all bids presented by all contractors.
Copies of Bidding Documents here (PDF) or at the City of Jasper located at 200 Burnt Mountain Road, Jasper, GA 30143 phone no. (706) 692-9100.
CANDIDATE QUALIFYING FEE NOTICE
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. §21-2-131 (a)(1), the following qualifying fees for candidates seeking office in 2017 were set by the Mayor and Council of the City of Jasper at the January 9, 2017 regular council meeting:
Qualifying for the offices listed above will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Monday August 21, 2017 and will end at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 25, 2017. The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.